Black Agate VS Black Onyx – What’s The Difference?DearBeads
Black agate and black onyx are two very popular gemstones. Actually they are the same mineral – Chalcedony. They are all in black color, and have same properties and meanings. However, there are a few key differences between the two:
Difference Between Black Agate And Black Onyx
- Treatment: Black onyx is often treated with heat or dyed processing to enhance its color or remove impurities, whereas black agate is typically not treated.
- Appearance: Commonly defined in the market, black agate is a natural black agate that is translucent or opaque. Black agate can have more variation in color and texture, often with white or grey banding. While “Black Onyx” is the commercial name for agate artificially dyed black and it’s opaque. Therefore, black onyx usually has more uniform coloring and a smoother surface.
- Value: Black onyx is generally considered to be more valuable than black agate due to its consistent color. In the jewelry industry, the dyeing process is very mature, and black onyx has the characteristics of long-lasting wear resistance and long-lasting color. At DearBeads.com, we provide a variety of black agate beads and black onyx beads in many sizes, shapes.
Meanings and Healing Properties Of Black Agate And Black Onyx
- Grounding and stabilizing: Black agate is said to have a grounding and stabilizing effect, helping to bring emotional, physical, and intellectual balance.
- Protection: This stone is believed to offer protection from negative energies and to promote a sense of security and inner peace.
- Calming: Black agate is said to have a calming effect on the mind, reducing stress and anxiety, and promoting a sense of serenity.
- Courage and strength: This stone is believed to promote courage, strength, and resilience, helping to overcome challenges and build confidence.
- Healing: Black agate is said to have healing properties that can help with physical and emotional ailments, including digestive issues, skin problems, and emotional trauma.
LEAVE A COMMENT
You must be logged in to post a comment.