Amazonite Healing Properties and MeaningsDearBeads
Amazonite is a green to blue-green variety of microcline feldspar mineral. It is named after the Amazon River in South America, where deposits of the mineral were first found.
Amazonite can occur in different shades of green and blue-green, depending on the location and conditions of its formation. For example, some amazonite can be more blue-green in color, while others can be more green. The intensity of the color can also vary, ranging from pale to deep hues. However, all amazonite is essentially the same mineral chemically and structurally, with minor variations depending on its origin.
History Of Amazonite Stone
Amazonite has been used for decorative and ornamental purposes for thousands of years. Its history can be traced back to the ancient Egyptians, who used the stone for amulets and jewelry. The ancient Greeks and Romans also valued amazonite for its beauty and ornamental qualities.
In the Middle Ages, amazonite was used as a decorative stone for churches and cathedrals. It was also used in the ornamental arts, such as inlaid work, mosaic, and sculpture.
In the 18th and 19th centuries, amazonite became increasingly popular as a gemstone. It was often used in jewelry, particularly in Victorian-era pieces, and was also used for decorative objects such as vases and snuffboxes.
Today, amazonite is still popular for use in jewelry, and is also used in decorative objects and carvings. It is prized for its unique green-blue color and is often cut into cabochons or faceted for use in rings, necklaces, and earrings. It is also believed by some to have healing properties and is used in alternative medicine and crystal healing.
Amazonite Physical Properties
|Color||Green to Blue-Green|
|Hardness||6 – 6.5|
|Density||2.56 – 2.58 g/cm³|
|Transparency||Transparent to Opaque|
|Refractive Index||1.522 – 1.530|
|Birefringence||0.007 – 0.008|
Note that these values may vary slightly depending on the specific location and conditions of formation of the Amazonite mineral.
Amazonite is a beautiful gemstone that has captured the hearts of many people throughout history. This stone is known for its unique green-blue color and its ability to promote calmness, balance, and harmony. Here are some of the most common Amazonite stone meanings, healing properties, spiritual meanings, and metaphysical properties:
Amazonite Stone Meaning
Amazonite is often associated with calmness and tranquility. It is believed to help reduce stress and anxiety, promoting a sense of inner peace and relaxation. The stone is also thought to promote positive communication and improve self-confidence.
Amazonite Healing Properties
Amazonite is said to have various physical and emotional healing properties. It is believed to help with issues such as muscle spasms, joint pain, and fatigue. Emotionally, it is said to help heal emotional wounds, promote forgiveness, and enhance emotional clarity and communication.
Amazonite Spiritual Meaning
Amazonite is often used to enhance intuition and communication. It is thought to activate the third eye and throat chakras, which can help to open up channels of communication and promote self-expression. This can be particularly helpful for those who are seeking to deepen their spiritual practice or connect with their higher self.
Amazonite Metaphysical Properties
Amazonite is believed to have various metaphysical properties, including protection against negative energy and electromagnetic pollution. It is also thought to help with manifesting one’s desires and goals, promoting creativity and success. The stone is said to enhance one’s ability to see the bigger picture and find new solutions to old problems.
Located in the center of the forehead, is believed to be associated with intuition, perception, and inner wisdom. Amazonite is thought to activate this chakra, promoting a deeper understanding of oneself and the world around them.
The throat chakra, located in the neck area, is associated with communication, self-expression, and creativity. Amazonite is also believed to activate this chakra, promoting clear and effective communication and helping individuals to express themselves more fully.
Designing With Amazonite Crystals
Amazonite is a beautiful gemstone that can add a unique touch to any jewelry or decorative item. Here are some ideas for designing with Amazonite:
- Jewelry: Amazonite is a popular choice for jewelry designers. Its unique green-blue color and calming energy make it a great choice for necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. Amazonite can be combined with other gemstones or metals to create unique and personalized pieces. Buy Amazonite beads
- Home decor: Amazonite can also be incorporated into home decor. It can be used to create unique pieces such as coasters, candle holders, or decorative bowls. Its calming energy makes it a great addition to any room in the house, especially those that promote relaxation, such as bedrooms or meditation spaces.
- Clothing and accessories: Amazonite can also be used to create unique clothing and accessories. Its color and energy can be incorporated into clothing items such as scarves, shawls, or bags. It can also be used to create unique accessories such as hair clips, brooches, or belts.
- Mixed media art: Amazonite can be used in mixed media art projects. Its color and texture can be used to add interest and depth to collages or mixed media pieces. It can also be used in sculptures or other 3D pieces to create a unique visual effect.
Amazonite is a versatile gemstone that can be used in a variety of ways in design. Its unique color and calming energy make it a popular choice for jewelry, home decor, clothing, and mixed media art projects. Whether used on its own or combined with other materials, Amazonite is sure to add a touch of beauty and uniqueness to any design project.
Care For Amazonite Crystals
Amazonite is a relatively soft stone, with a Mohs hardness of 6-6.5, so it requires some care to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips for caring for Amazonite:
- Avoid exposure to harsh chemicals: Amazonite should be kept away from harsh chemicals such as bleach, ammonia, and other cleaning products. These chemicals can cause damage to the stone, affecting its color and luster.
- Store properly: When not in use, Amazonite jewelry should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Avoid storing it with other jewelry that can scratch or damage the stone.
- Clean gently: To clean Amazonite jewelry, use a soft cloth or brush and mild soap and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives that can damage the stone. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid exposure to heat: Amazonite should not be exposed to high temperatures, such as those from a hair dryer or sunbathing. Heat can cause the stone to crack or fade.
- Recharge and cleanse: Some people believe that Amazonite should be cleansed and recharged periodically to maintain its energetic properties. This can be done by placing the stone in a bowl of salt water or using other cleansing methods, such as smudging with sage or placing in sunlight or moonlight for several hours.
By following these care tips, Amazonite can be enjoyed for many years to come. With its unique color and calming energy, it is a gemstone that is sure to add beauty and serenity to any collection.